Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Had to Phone Someone...

This past week, I've been rushing to finish a Flash movie for my computer class. I've been taking it home and working on it, usually 'til about 1 AM (starting at 9 PM), and then going to bed at around 3 AM. Ever since that imprisonment in our school's coliseum, my sleep schedule has been all wonky.

At 3 AM, while wrapping up my day on the computer, there was this documentary playing about NASA in the background. While talking about an incident near a U.S. base in Britain in 1981, this was what they used to get their point across. It was about 12 second clip, and that melody got to me. And I hope to you, too.

From his 1972 album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, here is David Bowie's "Starman."
There's a starman waiting in the sky! He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds! There's a starman waiting in the sky! He told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's worthwhile.