Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tell Me About It, Stud

I don't remember the '70s. Probably because I wasn't around then... or the next twenty-odd years. When I studied American History, we took a nice look at the culture and problems that faced the country in that time period. I was more interested in culture than the actual history, but don't knock Jimmy Carter until you try him.

My teacher, a baseball coach, and a high school student at the time, intended to show up a clip from a '70s movie and other than Saturday Night Fever, most of us have actually heard of this movie. And the song. And John Travolta... 34 years later.

From the movie Grease, "You're The One That I Want," with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John (of "Physical" fame), written by John Farrar.
I got chills/ They're multiplying/ And I'm lo~sing control/ 
'Cause the power you're supplying/ It's electrifying!