Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Black Horse

Back in 2007, I received a small RCA Pearl MP3 player. It was this flash/thumb drive-shaped player that could innocuously fit in your pocket while you withered away in English or on two-mile walk home. I absolutely loved that thing, and I think I even wrote about it before. It's too bad because then I lost it, and found it a year later under my sofa. By then, it was messing up more than a Republican in Iraq and then it got stolen. 

I bring all that up because it's what music was on there is going to be mentioned here. I can remember a health kick I was on at the time, and this song was repeated at least 15 times as I walked past the tree groves that were replaced by a tollway in 2010. Sad, I know. (The trail is still there, just not hidden under the large grove of trees.)

Today, though, as I had on my work-issued radio (they're very paranoid about worker theft), I was feeling as low as I have ever felt. Seriously. As my feet hurt and back ached, this song came on, for those three or so minutes, I was in heaven. Time flew by... and made the physical pain melt away. Then it ended...

So to bring you a little history pre-blogging and pre-high school and "current work", is a little folk. I think. From Scottish singer-songwriter KT Tunstall, from her Mercury Music Prize-winning début album Eye to the Telescope, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree."



(Woo-hoo)
Well my heart knows me better than I know myself
So I'm gonna let it do all the talking
I came across a place in the middle of nowhere.
With a big black horse and a cherry tree.






Coming Soon... intro
An energizing song that got me through today...

Coming soon to the The Archenemy