Monday, November 12, 2012

Stop

Today has been one of good news.

New job, new shoes, my knee is healing pretty well. I'll keep it short because it's so good. Around 1.20 this afternoon, I was searching for something to listen to when this came on. I was entrenched, as if it had wrapped its fingers around me and rope me in to its alternative rock grip. Uhhhh.

I absolutely love the oooh-ing and the voice of the main singer. These people sound like the 90s before the 90s were even around. A little research never hurts, and neither does the posting it up on Facebook and tumblr.

From their first full-length album Surfer Rosa released in 1988, Boston-based Pixies with "Where Is My Mind?"



Oh stop!
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself, "Where is my mind?"



LIVE


STUDIO RECORDING