Monday, January 7, 2013

It Hurts

Exploring my Chrome bookmarks earlier this weekend I found something that I found about two years ago. I think I found Dan Mangan on Amazon, but there's a good chance I found him on YouTube. I'm not exactly sure, but regardless, I clicked on the link in the bar and I floated back to 2010.

Oh 2010. What innocence. 

I have a few more Dan Mangan songs, although they're not so upbeat, but rather thoughtful. Here an upbeat song of his. Nine-year-old alcoholic? Jeebus!

From his 2009 album Nice, Nice Very Nice (titled after a poem of the same name by Kurt Vonnegut), "Sold."


Life is not living 'less your sure you to make it through
But now it hurts
It kills/ It screams/ And it fills my heart...
With chills, and I take my pills, but I still tire
Of sleeping with the light on