Thursday, December 6, 2012

All the Lonely People

At the beginning of my freshman year in high school, I was introduced to the Finale software. Finale is a music authoring software that allows you to write in your music. If you've ever heard of Sibelius, it's the same thing. Using Finale and using my brother's guitar book for beginners, I arranged a version of the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby."

For about the last four years, I've used Finale many times and I know it well. In 2011, after the software locked me out, I stopped using it. I uninstalled it and to listen to all my Finale files, I installed Finale Reader, which only reads files. No editing. After I was unsatisfied by how the files sounded, I decided to get Finale 2012. 

While looking through my archives, I found the "Eleanor Rigby" arrangement I had made. Jesus...  I look back and think to myself how bad it looks. But things aren't as bad as you think. Sometimes, they remind you of great things. 

So in a complete 180° to this post, the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby."




All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?




Studio Recording




"Live" performance


Coming Soon... intro
Looking through my Finale music archive led
to this song by The Beatles.

Coming soon to The Archenemy