Monday, December 3, 2012

Hey Boy

No, it's not going to be one of those posts. Yet.

I'm not sure how long along I found it, but on Archive.org's website, in the Community Audio section, someone uploaded all of Queen's Greatest Hit album. I'm not sure which one it is, since record companies always re-release things like this, but while listening to the thing last weekend, I got real hooked on this song about forty-two minutes in.

I love it. It's very Queen-y, surprisingly heterosexual, and something that I've replayed now maybe ten times while writing Dirty Lyrics. Being as young as I am, this whole Internet doohickey has exposed me to some great music... this song included.

From Queen's 1976 album A Day at the Races, this Freddie Mercury ditty "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy."



When I'm not with you
I think of you always
I miss you (I miss those long hot summer nights)
When I'm not with you/ Think of me always
Love you/ Love you