Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's All For You, Everything I Do

Up until 2010, I held SNL (Saturday Night Live) in bad regards. Granted, I watched MADtv (which aired on FOX in same time-slot) right up to its last episode, I still didn't like SNL. Once MADtv was canceled and before my discovery of British programmes on the PBS station, there wasn't much to watch Saturday nights. But after watching it a few times, I got reeled in, so now, I'm huge SNL fan.

About a month ago, I watched a re-run where Lana del Ray was the musical guest and while hearing this for the first time, I didn't understand the lyrics. I thought they lauded the relationship the character was in, but in fact was describing why it was so bad. Let's just say the boyfriend never reciprocated.

From her 2011 album Born to Die, here is Lana del Rey's "Video Games."
I'm in his favorite sundress/ Watching me get undressed/ Take that body downtown

This entry on The Archenemy is
part of the One Year Anniversary
celebration of the Eddie Sigala Foundation