Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hot Tonight

With all that's been going on this week, I'm a bit behind on posts, but I'm getting around to it.

I found the Electric Six about a month ago with "Gay Bar" and have gotten to like their music even more now. I find that they have a certain oomph to their music, since it's not depressing, preachy, or sounds like a bunch of shit thrown together. Within the songs, everything sounds well-put, even the screeching saxophones and sexy voice of Jack White. Yes, sexy, get over it.

And topping it all of is Dick Valentine, this six-foot-tall guy who looks as weird as possible and is the proverbial cherry on top. And this song is not to disappoint, even if I can't spell disappoint. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's in line with their earlier stuff, right up there with Fire. Even if you don't get it's message, it's always great to mime to... or sing out-of-key in your shower with the window open. *cough*

From their long-titled 2007 album I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me from Being the Master, "Randy's Hot Tonight." 




Dance like nobody's watching Randy
And love like you've never been hurt
Supersize it when you get hungry Randy
And eat like it's the last night on earth