Friday, September 28, 2012

Too '80s to be the 2010's

I was listening to the alternative radio station that the public broadcaster where I live owns. It's one of two, the other being a general programming station. As I was scanning, there was this song that sounded very eighties. Like less eighties than "Randy"; more eighties than "Ça Plane Pour Moi," although it was released in the seventies.

I've had it in my Marketplace cart for about three days and I haven't looked it up until just now. So here we go, ladies and gentleman. A trip back to the decade of terrible video quality, big hair, and the decade where there were many Asian actors in films. I miss Rosalind Chao and Lori Tan Chinn... they're cool people.

From the New Wave band Talking Heads, from their 1983 Speaking in Tongues, "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)."




Home is where I want to be
Pick me up and turn me around
I feel numb-- born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun.
The less we say about it, the better
Make it up as we go along