Monday, September 24, 2012

High Life

As I wrote on Friday (it's Monday the 24th today) on the ESF and just now on "Is that a rock, Data?," I bought a Zune. I received it on Friday and have been inseparable since. One of the features that I really love about it is the FM radio. You can scan the frequencies and then save the stations you want. And even better is if the FM station you're listening to has tags, you can add the song to cart and then buy it (only if the Zune Marketplace actually carries that artist). 

Unfortunately, the Zune Marketplace doesn't carry this artist. iTunes does though, and I've been thinking of buying it. It hasn't grown on me much yet, but let's see how that changes. As the intro did say, I heard this on a radio station owned by a public broadcaster where I live. The station used to be a Christian Radio station, but coincidentally, the station owner was declaring bankruptcy and sold it. And who says religion doesn't sell

From the Delaware Valley in Pennsylvania, Dr. Dog and from their 2010 album Shame, Shame, "Strangers." This video is from KEXP, Seattle.



Twenty years of schooling, I just never learned the math/
That one and one don't equal two/ they often equal half
While I've tried to live the high life/ The best that I know how
And I bought my share of debonair/ Parlaying it on the crowd

I would also like to take this chance to mention a new thing here at TA. If available, the album art will be shown beside the lyrics for your pleasure. I know it will be mine to link it here... :)


Recorded LIVE at KEXP Studios, Seattle, Washington.


And one more thing. Just as I'm doing over at the ESF, I'm saving the Coming Soon... intros for posterity. Future people should be able to enjoy what I said in my rush to procrastinate on a post. 
A song brought to you in part bya radio station owned by a public broadcaster.
And no, it's not one of those shitty pop songs.You're welcome.
Coming soon to The Archenemy